Now that school has started again, I’m afraid I will probably be limited to posting about once a week. I love blogging and especially reading all of the knitting blogs, but the irony is that all of that takes away from my actual knitting time. Add in school, work and family time and I have to be careful that I don’t while away my time surfing the net! But I do intend to keep on blogging so that I don’t disappoint my regular readers (all four of them!).
I determined that this week I would work on my languising projects and these are the results:
Two little baby sleeves! The original pattern called for the sleeves to be the same pattern as the body (see previous post). But it quickly became apparent that with color changes on every row there were going to be about ten gazillion ends to weave in. On the body it’s not a problem because they are at the steek and will be cut off. But with the sleeve there’s nothing to do but weave and I just wasn’t up for it. So I took this pattern from another version of the same design and I think it will be cute. Now all that’s to be done is sew and cut the steeks, sew in the sleeves and knit the front bands and neck.
And I worked on Kongsberg. Thanks to Chery, I conquered the two circular method for the sleeve and I think the results are impressive:
On the left is the sleeve started on dpn’s and on the right the two circ. It doesn’t show up as well in the picture, but the two circ sleeve is so much more even. I will frog the other sleeve and start it over. This sleeve will be a lot more slow going than the little baby sleeves. Besides being larger, they are much more complex and tiring to work on. So, in the meantime, I need to think of a simple knit – socks probably. I’ve got some Bearfoot in the stash and following the lead of Debi and Chery am thinking of starting those. Or maybe Lorna’s Laces or maybe Wildfoote. The choices, if not endless, are many.