Rule #1: Never try to knit lace during a nail-biting football game. I ended up frogging a bunch and then realized that I probably didn’t need to frog in the first place – I had just slipped my marker over one. Sadly the Seahawks lost, but we’re happy they got as far as they did. Here’s to next year! And lest you think no knitting was accomplished:
I reached the halfway point on the lace edge of the Snowdrop shawl. I’m really pumped to be this close to the end, so I will probably work on this exclusively until it’s finished. This has been a fun project and I would highly recommend it as an introduction to lace knitting. It has enough repetition to be predictable and flows nicely. The lace edging is also a good introduction to a knitted on edge. For the free pattern, head on over to The Yarn Harlot.
And I also finished these:
Another pair of CIC socks. I made these in a larger size for older kids. I used some Cascade 220 left over from Rogue. This is one of four pair that will be donated in honor of the ladies in my quilting group.
Here’s the latest meme going around. If you’ve not yet been tagged, consider this your notice.
4 Jobs you have had in your life:
1. Histology technician
2. Sewing teacher
3. Knitting teacher
4. Office manager for pediatric dentist
4 Movies you could watch over and over.
1. Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth version)
2. Sense and Sensibility
3. Persuasion (seeing a theme here?)
4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
4 Places you have lived:
1. Thomasville, Missouri
2. Yokusuka, Japan
3. Anchorage, Alaska
4. Oak Harbor, WA
4 TV shows you love to watch.
1. Law and Order (all versions)
2. The Closer
4. The Dog Whisperer
4 Places you have been on Vacation:
3. Yellowstone National Park
4. Maui, Hawaii
4 websites you visit daily:
2. Washington State University
3. Bloglines (that pretty much covers all the rest)
4 of your favorite foods:
2. Frosted Mini Wheats
3. Sweet and Sour Chicken
4. Apple Crisp (hmm – they all have sugar!)
4 Places you would rather be right now:
1. Stranded in a snow covered lodge with my husband
2. Lounging on the beach in Maui
3. Sitting in a comfy room, knitting with all my blog friends
4. Anywhere Izzy is