Just in case you think that I’m the only creative one in the family, look what hubby made for Isobel:
Isn’t it gorgeous? This is definitely destined to be an heirloom. Sadly, when he went to ship it, he found out that it would cost almost $200 just for shipping! So, he’s told Izzy’s parents that if they want her to ride it, she needs to come here. It’s almost cheaper that way! We’ll hold it for her here at Nana & Grandpa’s and hopefully they will move closer soon or we’ll find another shipping option.
Several weeks ago my best friend, Jan (who reads my blog, is a college English teacher and is probably cringing at the last sentence in the previous paragraph) gave me a gift certificate to our LYS to buy yarn for a project for Ivy. I really tried to wait until she could go shopping with me (really, Jan!), but I was over in Anacortes yesterday to give blood and just couldn’t resist dropping into the shop. Look what followed me home:
A tower of yarn. Actually I cheated and turned the photo on its side. This will be enough yarn for a Tulip cardigan for Ivy and her big sister too. In fact, there will probably be enough yarn to make a bigger size as well so that when Izzy outgrows hers, Ivy can wear it and Izzy will have another one to match! This yarn is Comfort by Berroco. It’s an acrylic/nylon blend, but just as soft as can be. As much as I love the Dream in Color yarn, I just can’t justify the cost – even for the kits. That is, if you can even find them. I’m hoping this will be a good substitute for some sweaters of many colors for the girls.
Lastly, I would like all of you to send up a little prayer for our dear Hester. If God cares about every little sparrow, I know he cares about little dogs too. Hester started limping rather badly a few weeks ago. She didn’t appear to be in any pain and has otherwise been her usual perky self. We took her to the vet and he found a large mass around her right shoulder joint. X-rays were inconclusive, so he sent them off to a radiologist. The radiologist also found them inconclusive, but feels that it is probably not cancer. It could be some kind of connective tissue tumor, however. She is scheduled to have a biopsy on August 13th. We are very worried about her, but determined to be positive. We love her dearly and hope for a return to good health for her.